I think that stores play music while their customers shop because they want an easy and relaxed feeling inside their store. They would want their store to be welcoming and sometimes people can be drawn to a store by music. Also you wouldn’t just hear all of the talking and just a noisy place with lots of people. Music played in a grocery store is definitely going to be different from music that is played in a shop that sells teenage clothing because the music the be very calm and would probably be something that the adults like. In a teenage clothing store the music might be more up beat and lively. Also you would probably hear some of the latest songs and a lot of popular songs of today
- What is more important to have in a composition? Notes or rests? Why? Explain and justify your position.
- 5) Discuss the following quote. What is it saying? What is the meaning? “If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music.” ~Gustav Mahler
- 6) Discuss the following quote. What is it saying? What is the meaning? “Music is your own experience, your thoughts, your wisdom. If you don’t live it, it won’t come out of your horn.” ~Charlie Parker
- What does the music that is popular with people your age say about your generation?
- Sometimes composers and their music do not become famous until after the composers have died. Why do you think this might happen?
loswaldmusic on 6) Discuss the following quote… loswaldmusic on What does the music that is po… loswaldmusic on Sometimes composers and their… loswaldmusic on Most great musicians began stu… loswaldmusic on Why do stores play music while…